The stalker!

Have you ever had a stalker follow you everywhere, I mean like really EVERYWHERE!? No, I am definitely not talking about my husband! Ever since I got promoted from girl friend to wife, I notice subtle differences, OK, I mean prominent differences like, when girl friend had more weightage than any gadget, TV show, movie or any other thing in the World, wife has the least preference. Wait, what am I doing? Probably I should save my rantings for some other blog, or most probably I may never write one. Guess why? I have now got my new love stalking me everywhere and loving me to bits, unconditionally!

Well, some of you may have already guessed who I am talking about. Its none other than my new German shepherd 'dog' (this is is the first and last time I am ever referring to him like that, just to be clear). I should have probably named him Shadow, cos that is what exactly he is to me. But we call him 'Chico'. Its a spanish word for 'boy'. Just a month back when I went to the breeder to get him, he looked so tiny and vulnerable. Never did I realize I would be playing 'mummy' role so soon after marriage.


1.jpg


I saw this post few days back in facebook, but believe me, every pet owner would nod vigorously just like I did, while reading it. He is such a cutie pie now, and he just cant be without me.

I cant walk without my leg being brushed by his head, tail or any other significant part, anymore.

I cant watch my favorite TV show, or a movie without having to keep a watch on him. If he does not make any sound for more than 5 mins, it just means he is quietly getting into some kind of trouble and needs my intervention.

I cant eat or have any snack without his constant whining of not sharing with him.

I cant go anywhere inside the house without his eyes following me. I go to the bedroom to change my clothes, I come out to see him staring intently at my door waiting for me to open it. I go to the kitchen, he lies down near the door waiting for me to come out. I go downstairs to get something, he goes mad and barks like crazy until I come up. Practically, I have no more breathing space. Even when he sleeps, the slightest noise I make, and BAM he is next to me. Like yesterday, I was sleeping on my couch, and he was sleeping near me. Not sure how long he was waiting for me to wake up, suddenly I find him tickling my toes and there ends my short nap.

Every morning when I wake up and go greet him, its like he has not seen me for ages; he is satisfied only after licking, mouthing me from head to toe.

He waits for me at the time when I am supposed to reach home, and never goes inside our house until I return. And the morning-licking-mouthing session repeats.

He knows when he has to obey and when he does a mistake. When I shout at him, he immediately starts licking my toes as if apologizing. But sometimes when he knows he never did any mistake, but just to irritate him when I shout at him, he barks at me equally loud as if to say "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!"

He is so protective, loyal and a best friend for life! I am seriously wondering why every other house does not have one? I mean, why don't people realize the happiness one gets by having a pet? Anyways, guess it has gotten quite long, and let me stop here. On a final note, I would like to share one of 'Chico's favorite sleeping style that I find so funny and cute.


2.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Buzz

Execution

Hit and Run