Thanks to HIM!

I was packing all my clothes in a hurry-burry. My friend will be leaving in 5 minutes. OMG! Why am I always so late? My mom was like “When will you ever learn punctuality?” My dad was like “Ice, if you want I will drop you” I turned a deaf ear to both, mumbled “Bye pa…Bye ma” and dashed out.

Both of us reached the station in half an hour, all the while chatting and gossiping. All our class mates had come before we reached. Our train started in 10 minutes. Within the next few minutes, our entire coach was in chaos. Some one was like “Did you see my blue bag?” Some one else was like “Who ever took my coolers, please give it back!” Our co passengers were looking at us with utter disbelief. Some one was shouting at his wife “I told you we should book the night train.” One more was saying “These day students are worse, within few minutes they have changed the train to a fish market!” Our sir was the most depressed. He was a junior and all the staff turned him down saying he is the best to lead us in this tour.

In 2 hours time we all got a bit tired playing ping-pong-shoot, singing, dancing, pulling each others leg etc. Now, my dear friend Uma started the conversation which later put our lives in despair. “Hey, the train will stop at my town for 10 minutes. My parents are coming. I will introduce you all, they will be so happy” We all agreed courteously without realizing the danger that lay ahead.

We got down at the station and were eagerly talking to Uma’s parents when suddenly I heard “Hey…All….Come……Hey….” The platform became a perfect pandemonium. The train had started to move without us. All my friends started to mount the moving train, but I was too shocked to move. Only after 5 seconds did I realize what had happened. By now the train had caught up good speed. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, got hold of the train, but could not mount it. For a few seconds I was running along with the train when suddenly I felt this sensation that I wasn’t running any more, but dragged by the train. Out of fear that I may be left behind, I did not let go. At this point of time, I could not catch up with the train and was about to fall into the tracks when I felt some one pull me and I fell on the ground with a thud.

By this time, one of my friends pulled the chain and the train came to a halt. Without turning to look back who pulled me, I mounted the train and went to my friends. The TTR came and started yelling at us “Do you understand the seriousness? One or more lives could have been lost by your carelessness. You cannot travel any more. Get down now” My classmates some how convinced the TTR and he left us finally giving a disgusting stare. Later, though initially it was tough for me to come out from the trauma, I did enjoy the tour thoroughly.

You may not believe what I have got to say now. After returning home, when I told the incidents to my mom, she told me that exactly at the time of the incident, she was at a temple praying for my well-being. I firmly believe that He sent the man to save my life.

Now you may wonder why such a flashback all of a sudden. For the past several years, whenever I look back at that incident, I always feel guilty for not having said even a ‘Thank You’ to the man who saved my life. Through IL, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to this man. Wherever he is, may God bless him!


PS – Fate never fails to turn even the most critical accident funny for me. While returning, we came back in the same train. One of the pantry staff recognized us and asked

“Hey, you were the girls who traveled few days back right? How is that girl who jumped from the train?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Buzz

Execution

Hit and Run