The Short Trip

"So...are you ready for your next trip?"

"Ummm...yes, but I am scared. I am not sure whether I am ready for this"

"Hmm...but you have already taken a long break. Its been almost a year since you returned. Dont you think it is time for another trip"

"Yea, I agree. Can I have a look at the people where I will be going?"

"Sure. See for yourself"

"Umm...they look like pretty good people. So how much long will I have to stay there?"

"Well, this is going to be a very short trip"

"Oh no! But what will they do? Wont they feel bad if I return early?"

"Yea, they will. But it was totally my fault. I have been arranging such trips for a very long time, and at times I commit such irreversible mistakes. But do not worry. Once you come back, I will send some one else who will stay there for long. So...are you set?"

"Yes, I am ready!!"



After a few hours,


"Congrats Ragav! Your wife just delived a son. Both your wife and baby are fine"

"Ohhhh..Thanks a lot doctor. I have never been so happy in my life."

Ragav and his wife Aarthi enjoy the best three months with their little prince whom they named Arjun.


After three months...


"What is the problem with Arjun doctor?"

"Ummm...tell me one thing. Were you related before marriage?

"Yes doctor. I married my cousin sister only. But what does that have to do with Arjun?

"Hmm..I am very sorry. Please try to control your emotions. Arjun is a victim of the rare and fatal degenerative disorder which affects his nervous system. The disease is called Krabbe. It is caused when you marry within close relations"

Ragav and Aarthi felt the world coming to an end. Aarthi yelled, cried, hugged her son as if she was saving him from Yama who may come any time. But Ragav did not lose hope.

"OMG! Please doctor, I am ready to sell all my possessions to save him. I will take him to U.S. Refer some doctor who is the best at treating this disease. I do not care about anything else, I want only my son"

"I...I am sorry to say this Ragav. 
Certain treatments have proved to prolong the life time. But a permanent cure does not exist. Slowly your son will start facing seizures, arm and leg stiffness, he will not be able to move, eat or smile like any other child of his age. Finally one day he will........"

"Oh please doctor. Do not say that. You are not God to decide my son's fate. Just get lost"
and Ragav stormed away.

Ragav and Aarthi are still going to various temples praying for their son to get cured.



Dedicated to all families who have been affected by Krabbe which unfortunately includes one of my sister's son. She worked in our house few months back. She was supposed to return after delivery, but could not. She still does not know the serious consequences of Krabbe. We kept it from her as we did not want her to lose hope. I pray God bless her son a long life. My prayers and wishes are always with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Buzz

Execution

Hit and Run