A Facebook Love Story!

'Everything happens for a reason'

Its one of my favorite dialog from a famous English TV series. But we don't understand the depth of certain phrases unless it happens to us :coffee

January 2010:

I am with my bestest of best friends, chit-chatting about everything under the Sun. Topic of my marriage comes in. She asks, 'Whatever happened to your marriage plans?'. I reply, 'Same! I will NEVER marry. I am happy with the way my life goes'. She knows me too well not to argue. She gives me this knowing smile and says 'Lets see!'


June 2011:

It is one of those boring days @ office. I browse through facebook. One of my friends had liked a post from a page, and is listed in my news feed. The page name grabs my attention and by some instinct I 'like' the page. Its a page started in the name of a famous dialog by a Tamil comedian actor. I start receiving updates from that page, I see people chat-chatting, sharing a good friendship. Believe me when I tell you, I have never done anything like that before, I joined in one of those comment threads, and started chatting with them. I still don't know why I did it? May be I was too bored, or may be I was meant to do it. Whatever the reason is, I guess that first comment paved way to a yet another facebook love story.

February 2012:

Thanks to Facebook, we are a gang of more than 15 friends. One of us was getting married. She is an IL-ite too. In fact, I first met her in IL, later introduced her to my FB friends. We planned to go to her native place, which was a lovely city, attend her Wedding Reception, have fun for 3 days, and return with all good memories. But never did I know, this wedding would also be a catalyst for my upcoming Wedding.

My DF's friends, aware of his secret intentions made sure we had the as much privacy as possible. Our late night train journey starts, and I was unaware of my his secret crush on me. Now, if you think it would have been one of the most romantic journey for the both of us, you are gravely mistaken. My DF is an alien to Romance. He could sit through a full length romantic movie, yet he would be wearing a blank expression, whereas you could even find a trace of joy tears in my eyes. :bang

Just got reminded about an experience I had a few days prior to his proposal. We both were aware of each other's feelings for each other, but chose to remain ignorant as there was a 'you-say-it-first' ego in between us. We went to one of my most favorite romantic movies ever made, 'Titanic'. He had worked in the 3D conversion of the movie. Imagining a romantic date, eyes filled with colorful dreams, I start watching the movie with him. Not a moment was I spared from his constant boasting of which scene he did, and how much he enjoyed doing it. I decided never to watch another movie with him in which he had worked. :rant

Now that you know how a romantic he could be, lets come back to the original topic. Where was I? Yeah, the train journey, though not as bad as the one Ambi (Anniyan - a tamil movie) had, it was a good enough one to begin our love story. In fact, it was one of the best 3 days fun I had ever had. :banana


May 2012:

I call my best friend to exchange the latest happenings in our life. I tell her my decision to marry the love of my life. I could feel her knowing smile at the other end. There are no sarcastic comments made, no I-told-you-so's. I feel her genuine happiness for me. We promise each other to keep in touch ever. Knowing 'EVER' is a very long time, I make a secret prayer to the Almighty to always have her beside me.


January 2013:

We speak again to discuss my Wedding plans. She asks, 'So, how is it going?'. I reply, 'Great! He is so loving. We never fight, and even if we fight at the rarest occurrence, we patch up immediately. I am so lucky to have him'. :kiss

She chuckles and says, 'This is the best phase in every marriage. Enjoy it to the fullest as long as it lasts'. I go slight red and say 'No! We will be very different from the all the other couples. We will NEVER fight and always be the same lovey-dovey'. She gives me the same knowing smile and says 'Lets see!'. :hide: :)

------------

Before signing out, wish 2 share one of my favorite songs in recent times. Everything in this video matches my story, of course, except for the climax ;-) Enjoy ppl :)

'Facebook Figurala Loosaanaen' - This could be your facebook story ;) **OFFICIAL** - YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Buzz

Execution

Hit and Run